TPG Community

Get online support

Slow NBN Connection

tylerplowright
Level 2

Hi All,

Have done a speed test a few times now randomly and it seems that my speeds at night are pathetic. During the day it's not to bad, usually up over 40mbit down and 15-18mbit up. However I've noticed of at night during peak time the typical evening speed claimed (~42ish mbit for NBN50 FTTP plan) is anything but (typically <10, usually ~5ish).

I've tried connecting computer directly to modem via ethernet cable, I've tried rebooting modem, I've kicked everything else off the home wifi network (despite the fact that none of them were being used) and this also makes no or next to no difference. Now I can understand a slight reduction in speed as peak times means a lot of people on, but this is riddiculous when its nearing 10% of the plan speed and slower than what I used to get on ADSL2+ of a night. Please advise TPG.

Tyler

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @tylerplowright,

Welcome to the Community!

I've located your account using your Community details and has run remote tests on the line. 

Currently, we are not detecting any physical issue with the line that would affect your internet speeds. 

I would recommend to have one of our technicians to reach you to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.    

Please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message and we'll arrange this for you. 

For your reference, please see How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards, 
Erika

Erika

Hi tylerplowright, 

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians tomorrow between 5:30pm - 6:30pm NSW.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards, 
Erika Smiley Happy