Slow NBN Evening

de8142
Level 2

I have NBN100 FTTH, have had for years. I normally get a solid 95/35 connection all day long, for the last few days from about 8pm onwards downloads speed drop to between 10 - 30 Mbps which is well below the typical evening speeds. I can run speed tests all day long and get 95 Mbps righ up until 8pm, have tried for the last 5 days in a row and consistently see the same problem.

Tried to open a ticket via the email helpdesk, just keep getting generic "We tried to call you" SMS messages, no missed calls on my phone, try to call the helpdesk and end up in an endless queue that just keeps getting longer and I give up. How do I actually get this fixed, I don't pay for 100 Mbps to get 10.

Have restarted my modem during the issue, makes no difference, have nothing else on my network using bandwidth, wired Ethernet directly into router connected to NTD.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @de8142

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/problems_speed_nbn

Some troubleshooting is available in this article: Slow speed issue

In your case, our Tech team tried to contact you to no avail. They'll try again tonight in order to run further tests with your service.

BasilDV