TPG Community

Get online support

Slow/Unstable ADSL connection

Yeungb
Level 2

Hi,

My ADSL connection has been extremely slow in the past few weeks. I have tried switching off my modem and unplugging phone line, but it is still the same. Can someone please help?

Regards

B

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Hi @Yeungb

Welcome to the Community! 

I've located your account using your Community details and has conducted series of tests. 

Currently, the results does not show a physical fault with the line outside.

However, I'm seeing that the sync speed isn't what we expect in your area. 

We need to consider the factors that could possible cause speed issue.

This is commonly caused by faulty hardware or phoneline like modem, filter, phone socket, internal cabling or poor copperwire quality. To eliminate issues on your end.

Please do the following:

• Check cables if properly connected
  • Connect modem directly to wall (w/o filter, double adaptor, power surge protector)
  • Try different phone cable (preferably 3m long or less)
  • Try different wall socket
  • Reset to factory defaults your modem and reconfigure
  • Do an isolation test (Connect modem directly to phone outlet using less than 3m phone cable, no filter, double adaptor, disconnect all phones and phone devices eg: back to base alarm, foxtell, pabx, commander, EFPOS?)
  • Try different modem (if possible)

If the issue persists, please do send us your best contact time and number so that we can arrange a call from one of our technicians to assist you further to resolve this case. 

For your reference, please see this article on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,