Slow Upload Speed

shafiqul818
Level 2

Hi, I was recently experiencing a slow down in my upload speeds, so I used the TPG SpeedTest to check the speeds I was getting. The download speed was fine at 47.4Mbps, however, the upload speed was at 6Mbps. I am on the NBN 50/20 HFC plan and I'd like my speeds restored to as they were originally.

Thanks,

Shafi

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @shafiqul818 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @shafiqul818 

I have checked your NBN-HFC 50/20 service and tests are passing in our NBN portal.

If you are using a TPG 1600v modem, you can check your speeds are not ''throttled'' inside the modem.

In the advanced tabs in the modem GUI, go to a setting called bandwidth control and make sure the upload and download boxes are UNTICKED.

Regards,

David_M

shafiqul818
Level 2

Hi David, thanks for your response. 

I've unticked bandwidth control for download and upload speeds and rebooted the router, but the upload speed remains the same at 5.5Mbps. I'm also aware that I've had bandwidth control enabled for upload speed at 19800Kbps, as was found with the router when I first connected to the NBN. I'll try and get back to you with an Ethernet connection test ASAP.

Thanks,

Shafi