TPG Community

Get online support

Slow connection and constant drop outs

SOLVED Go to solution
stockstandard
Level 2

I have been getting sub 4mb/s connection speeds along with constant dropouts over the last few weeks and no amount of resetting the modem is helping. Firmware is all good.

By the looks of things, this is a common issue at the moment. What's the deal with the potato internet and what can be done about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @stockstandard, we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

The Team is working on sending a Telstra technician and the case engineer will contact you via SMS or a phone call to discuss the technician visit schedule.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @stockstandard,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience slow connection speed?

Have you tried turning on and off the modem to see if the speed will improve?

Kindly, PM me your accont details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

In case you need a reference: How to send Private Message (PM)

Regards,

stockstandard
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Multiple devices. My PC, my phone and tablet as well as my partners phone and multiple Chromecast devices. 

As I mentioned in my initial description, yes I have tried turning it off an on. It makes little to no difference in speed and it ineveitably drops out

Shane

Hi @stockstandard,

Thanks for the information and sending me your account details.

I will run initial tests on your connection and get back to you as soon as I got the results.

Cheers!

stockstandard
Level 2

Cheers Shane.

Have PM'd you the details.

Shane

Hi @stockstandard,

I tried to use your given Username unfortunately no match though, I tried to use your given contact number to pull up the account luckily I got match. Can you confirm the service/home address to make sure that I got the correct account.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @stockstandard,

Thanks for confirming your details. I ran initial tests on your connection and there is a possible line fault.

Kindly, unplug the modem/router and the telephone on the wallsocket for testing purposes.

I will let you know when to connect it back on.

Cheers!

stockstandard
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I will do this when I am home and send you an update.

Shane

Hi @stockstandard,

What time you will be at home? I can arrange a Technicians to call you for further assistance.

Let me know your best contact time and contact number.

Regards,

Riezl

Hi @stockstandard, we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

The Team is working on sending a Telstra technician and the case engineer will contact you via SMS or a phone call to discuss the technician visit schedule.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.