TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet on TPG FTTB today

SOLVED Go to solution
vdellangela
Level 2

My account 63xxxxxxx.
Today my speed dropped from 100Mbps to 1.2Mbps!

What's going on?
I can't see any outage on your website but this speed is not normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pducnghia1981
Level 2
It turned out that I was on NBN12 instead of NBN50 which I originally registered, TPG put me on the wrong bundle, now it’s upgraded to NBN50, speed increases significantly.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
pducnghia1981
Level 2

Same snail internet speed with my internet, around 10/0.5 Mbps on my TPG NBN50

jaclyn90
Level 2
I have zero Internet. Trying to call them but no answer
vdellangela
Level 2
I'm talking about their fttb network, not the Nbn.

It has been working full speed since day 1 for more than a year. Just since yesterday I'm not sure what happened, speed are crap.
vdellangela
Level 2

I contacted the support team, it has been escalated to some level 2 engineer or something.
They were supposed to contact me back today but I'm still looking to hear from them :/
And meanwhile still experiencing bad speed.

Shane

Hi @vdellangela,

There are different cause of Transfer/Speed Issue that you may experience.

1. Sync Speed Issue, this speed issue is caused by a line fault on TPG (If you're with ADSL2+ or TPG-FTTB) or NBN's network (If you're with NBN service). Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Transfer Rate Issue, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed/Transfer Issues, this issue is caused by possible loose modem/router connection setup. This can be fixed by re-seating Ethernet cable if the device(s) is connected via LAN, re-seating the modem/router to the wall socket or changing the phone cable used from modem/router to the socket.

Note: You will need to test multiple speed test when you change Ethernet,Phone Cable to identify the caused of speed issue.

4. Speed Degradation caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

In your case we've seen that the issue has been escalated and now handle by our Engineering Team. It is still under assessment usually takes 24-48hrs, updates will be provided when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @pducnghia1981,

Welcome to the community!

Please see my post related to speed issues above.

Regards,

Same snail internet speed with my internet, around 10/0.5 Mbps on my TPG NBN50

pducnghia1981
Level 2
It turned out that I was on NBN12 instead of NBN50 which I originally registered, TPG put me on the wrong bundle, now it’s upgraded to NBN50, speed increases significantly.
Shane

Hi @jaclyn90,

Having no connection is a different from having slow connection.

If there are no known outages in your area you may perform basic troubleshooting, we did an article that you may find helpful see this link below.

Troubleshooting no internet connection

In this particular case, there was a known issue in NBN Co's network causing the service not to work. The issue was escalated by our Engineering Team and they will arrange a TPG Technician visit to check your connection further updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call.

Regards,

Lony77
Level 2

I have tried to resolve this through online chat but got passed from person to person and then they just stopped responding.  I have been unable to work from home today which is not acceptible.  Not happy!!