Slow speeds

rigby75
Level 3
Why is it as soon as it hits school holidays my speed drops off?
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @rigby75,

What device(s) are having speed issue? We ran an initial test of your service and it shows your modem/router is not connected to our Network we'd like to confirm if your modem/router is currently on, on the other hand, the service is getting a passing speed on the line.

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve your wireless connection speed available here.

Cheers!

rigby75
Level 3
I ended up calling the help desk. We reset the modem and it is working now.
I wish tpg would give the ootion of better modems.
Shane

We are glad to know that the issue has been rectified, @rigby75. We appreciate your feedback we will pass this on to our Team. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

rigby75
Level 3
Internet went down again today.
It looks like the modem is the issue, the support guy on the phone didn't want to swap it out but eventually agreed. Hopefully this modem survives the weekend until the new one shows up.

If i want to up grade the modem myself what are my options. I am fttn about 1km from the node. When i had trouble last year your people said i could only use a tpg supplied modem has this changed?
Shane

Hi @rigby75

Let us know how the replacement modem/router will go.

You may check this thread to see what 3rd party modem/router you can use.

List of compatible and NOT compatible NBN FTTB/FTTN modems

We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

If you wish to use a 3rd party modem/router we will provide you with the settings required to access the internet.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

rigby75
Level 3

you sent out a second hand modem to replace the faultly one, it hadn't even been reset to factory settings. it has issues also with the 2.4ghz wifi not functioning. i spoke to the help desk today and they tell me they have requested a brand new modem is sent out. if this modem has issues i will need to switch isp as you guys just can't sort problems.

Riezl

Apologies for what happened and we're sorry to know that you're considering changing provider, @rigby75.

We'll further look into this and make sure that an update will be provided as soon as it becomes available.

Riezl

Hi @rigby75, we have PM'd you the details regarding the status of the modem delivery.

Let us know should you need further assistance. Thank you.

rigby75
Level 3
The modem you guys sent is clearly second hand. Let's hope it last more then a day this time.
Also the guy at the post office mentioned he is seeing a lot of tpg modems being replaced. Is this because they are crap modems? Is there voltage spikes coming via the network destroying them. It seems unusual for modems to have a high turn over.