TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload NBN HFC

bm_aygun
Level 2
Hi TPG support,

For the last 2 weeks or so, my upload speeds went down from 38 Mbps to around 20 Mbps and last 3 to 4 days, the upload speeds are around 2 Mbps and sometimes even as low as 1 Mbps. I have tested these speeds using a wired connection and also used tpg speed test and well as ookla speedtest. I have restarted the NBN modem as well as the tpg supplied router but with no affect.
This hfc line was previously used to share a foxtel connection with a splitter but foxtel is no longer used so the nbn modem is now directly plugged into the Hfc wall socket.

Can you please help? Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @bm_aygun

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn-hfc-cable/problems_speed_nbn_hfc

We've also created an article that will guide you with some troubleshooting steps for Slow speed issue

You may also perform a reset with your NBN NTD box and the TPG supplied modem/router, before performing the troubleshooting in order to start fresh.

(note: the modem/router will go back to it's default settings once you've done a reset.)

Feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

BasilDV