TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload Speed - NBN 50

SOLVED Go to solution
CarlosRios
Level 2
Hi TPG team,

What can be done to improve the upload speed on my NBN connection. I have always had no more than 2mbps which is not acceptable :/. Download speed is alright but when I try to upload files to any page or when I am studying, it is just not possible with that speed.

I am using a TP Link Archer VR1600v as router and either using 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi connection is the same problem.

I hope you can help
Regards
Carlos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @CarlosRios . What type of NBN connection do you have?

In Archer, go to Advanced, Bandwidth Control. Is it enabled? If so, what are the values?

If FTTB/FTTN, in Advanced, Status, DSL, what are the Up and Down values in the table?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @CarlosRios . What type of NBN connection do you have?

In Archer, go to Advanced, Bandwidth Control. Is it enabled? If so, what are the values?

If FTTB/FTTN, in Advanced, Status, DSL, what are the Up and Down values in the table?

CarlosRios
Level 2
Hi David64,

Thanks for this! I have NBN FTTC. Indeed, the bandwidth was restricted to 970kbps. So I disabled the bandwidth control, saved the changes and rebooted the router. It looks better now! 😁
david64
Level 15

@CarlosRios . One last thing. When you run the speedtest, the two graphs should proceed smoothly. If the upload graph stutters a bit, you may need to set the upload bandwidth as follows.

- If you have an NBN12 plan, enter a maximum of 950kbps
- If you have an NBN25 plan, enter a maximum of 4950kbps
- If you have an NBN50 plan, enter a maximum of 19500kbps
- If you have an NBN100 plan, enter a maximum of 19500kbps
- If you have an NBN250 plan, enter a maximum of 24500kbps
- If you have an NBN Ultrafast plan, enter a maximum of 49500kbps

You can fiddle the numbers a little bit, eg change 19500 to 19550, etc.