TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload speeds - unable to do a speed test

marsbareater12
Level 2

Hi, 

I've been experiencing upload speeds of around 8-10kbps in the day, and around 80kbps at night. 

I'm unable to do a speed test due to a "latency error".

On the ADSL2+ plan. 

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @marsbareater12 Try clearing your browser cache, clear cookies and temporary internet files and try again, let us know how you go.

marsbareater12
Level 2

Done. Speedtest here: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/c907a780-cb7e-11e8-b07e-c5c933bf2f26 

It says 8mbps/second but whenever I try and upload something it still sits between 10-80kbps

Erika

Hi @marsbareater12

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your connection. We’d like to get to the bottom of this.

I've located your account and has ran remote test. The results currently does not show a physical fault on the line.

For all ADSL2+ services, the Upload sync is up to 1 Mbps only, hence, the speed test results that you've provided shows that you're getting an acceptable upload speed. 

Nonetheless, we would be more than happy to investigate for you to see what can be done to improve your connection’s performance.

Are you having issues with a specific website? 

marsbareater12
Level 2

It's not a specific website, I'm having the problem with all websites I use.

Shane

Hi @marsbareater12,

All ADSL2+ services, the Upload sync is up to 1 Mbps only, hence, the speed test results that you've provided shows that you're getting an acceptable upload speed. 

We had a look at your connection and it shows that you're apparently using too much upload which causing your slow speed. Are you currently uploading a large file or updating your operating system?

Most of the time, cloud applications such as iCloud, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. are causing high upload. Other cause includes automatic system upgrade.

If you have multiple devices, you can try to leave a single device connected to the internet one after another then run a speedtest until you figure out which device is causing the high upload traffic.

Let us know it will go.