Speed check

SOLVED Go to solution
beaverbear1
Level 2

Hello,

My internet connection is all over the place.

I use OKLA for my speed check to Optus in Sydney

Okla results =

PING ms
 DOWNLOAD Mbps
 UPLOAD Mbps

TPG speed ckeck which I dont believe, any comments?
PING
ms
DOWNLOAD
Mbps

UPLOAD
Mbps

TPG Internet Pty Ltd Sydney

TPG 194.193.204.10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @beaverbear1 

There are many factors that can affect your actual speed. 

Based on the remote tests, your modem is currently detecting a sync speed of 55Mbps from the line which you can confirm when you log in to your modem's user interface. It appears that the problem is getting the result to show up on your devices.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. We would suggest running a speed test on a computer connected via Ethernet for us to narrow down the actual cause of the slower connection speed. 

I would also recommend checking out these Community article:

Please don't hesitate to let us know should you still require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @beaverbear1 

There are many factors that can affect your actual speed. 

Based on the remote tests, your modem is currently detecting a sync speed of 55Mbps from the line which you can confirm when you log in to your modem's user interface. It appears that the problem is getting the result to show up on your devices.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. We would suggest running a speed test on a computer connected via Ethernet for us to narrow down the actual cause of the slower connection speed. 

I would also recommend checking out these Community article:

Please don't hesitate to let us know should you still require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G