TPG Community

Get online support

Suspect phishing email

LUCKYDUG23
Level 2

Recently received an email from what appears to be my own email address entitled 'Waiting for payment'. Didn't open it just spammed it. It read in the subject section that, as it appears, it was sent from my own account and that the hacker has full access to my email account. Could this be the case, should I change passwords etc? There doesn't appear to be anything in the sent folder.Lates know what action needs to be taken if any..

Regards P J

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @LUCKYDUG23 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we did an article that you may find helpful on this kind of email, please see the link below.

How to Handle Scam Calls/ Emails 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

@LUCKYDUG23 wrote:

Recently received an email from what appears to be my own email address entitled 'Waiting for payment'. Didn't open it just spammed it. It read in the subject section that, as it appears, it was sent from my own account and that the hacker has full access to my email account. Could this be the case, should I change passwords etc? There doesn't appear to be anything in the sent folder.Lates know what action needs to be taken if any..

Regards P J

Riezl

Hi @LUCKYDUG23 , please send us a PM with your TPG email address including the email header of the email you have received so we can check. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community