TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Chats closed by staff members without even addressing the issue

Hyper
Level 3

Dear TPG Team,

Earlier this week I requested a switch to your NBN Broadband Superfast plan. I received a confirmation e-mail on April 7th. On April 8th, TPG withdrew an additional $20 from my bank account. Since then, I received a multitude of weird messages from TPG, informing me "Unfortunately, we are currently unable to activate the NBN connection to your premises, because the installation has been requested to be cancelled." (April 10th) and "As per your request, we would like to confirm that your NBN Broadband
with Home Phone installation has now been stopped and will not proceed any further." (April 11th).
I have neither requested a cancellation nor requested the installation to be stopped. So what are those messages about?

I sought clarification via Chat on April 10th. But after talking to "Emerson" and "Mohammad" on "Tech Support Chat", your support team simply closed the chat without any resolution after I have been waiting for a resolution in this chat for 1hour and 21 minutes. On April 11th, I called your support team. The lady that answered the phone (working from home) was very forthcoming and tried to pass on my call to your Plan Change team. After being on the phone for over 80 minutes without anyone from your team answering, I hung up, as I realised that your webpage stated that you only work until 6pm and it was way past 6pm.
Today, at 12:05pm, I started another chat on your "PLAN CHANGE & MOVING HOME LIVE CHAT" . At around 1:15pm, I received a message on top of the chat window "Support staff member has closed this chat." So, I sat there for over an hour and TPG just ignored me and closed the chat without a comment.

Can someone please let me know what is going on and whether/by when the new NBN plan will be activated?!
I appreciate how difficult the COVID-19 situation is - but the way this has been handled so far is beyond disappointing - especially when TPG has the audacity to withdraw additional money from my bank account but to then not deliver and instead ignore me.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Hyper
Level 3

Tried again today. Similar result.
Chat started at 1:50pm. First response: 2:52pm. Advised that the chat will be referred to customer service at 2:54pm.

Then nothing.
Support staff suddenly closes the chat at 3:59pm.

So, what service do people switch to these days?! TPG seems gone...

RajenS

Hi      

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service

Hyper
Level 3

Done that 3 days ago - and still nothing.

If there is a technical issue preventing you from subscribing me to the NBN100 plan, then say so. Don't send me stupid e-mails telling me that I or someone canceled the request I made. TPG still owes me $20. You deducted that money but never delivered the service. Not even basic customer service.

If anyone reading this has a suggestion for an alternative ISP, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Thanks.

Hyper
Level 3

As we're now approaching a "full week without a response from TPG", I figure I follow up again and ask:
What's going on?! I sent the PM and again - in good old TPG tradition - have not received a response.

My $20 also haven't been paid back.
I know the COVID-19 situation makes things difficult - but this is just not acceptable.
I'm not blaming the individual support staff that don't seem to cope - but I'm questioning TPG's leadership (or lack thereof) and lack of response to the issue.

Hyper
Level 3

20 days later - still no service change. Money withdrawn from my bank account 19 days ago for a service that's not being delivered.

7 days ago I got the first meaningful response from TPG informing me the change cannot be performed online and that it needs to be submitted by them manually. They asked for confirmation from me, which I sent back on the same day. In their automated reply they informed me I could also perform this change online. Smiley LOL

Since then? Nothing. Despite a request for an update from me.

TPG at its "best".

RajenS

Hi @Hyper 

Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

Hyper
Level 3

Done that twice @RajenS : First on the 14th of April. Since you hadn't responded, I have sent you a reminder on the 20th, to which you also haven't responded.

Today, I finally was able to meet a competent TPG staff member named "Van" at the in the "Plan Change & Moving Home" support chat. Van was super helpful and initiated the plan change again. Van also made sure that I would get a confirmation e-mail for the change request. By now I even have a confirmation that the change has been completed. 
After "only" 20 days, I am now officially on the new plan. At least I pay for it - however, while my upload speed has changed from 17Mbps to 28Mbps, my download speed has not changed and remains at around 46Mbps. I rebooted my routers to ensure the connection is reset - but even that does not change things. When can I expect that download speed to change to something that more resembles the 100Mbps speed that I am paying for? Considering I got the confirmation that the change was successfully completed, I would expect the download speed to have changed as well. 

Regards,
Hyper