TPG Community

Get online support

TPG FTTB running on Proscend T-180 VDSL2 SFP module + Unifi router

Grizliam
Level 2

Has anyone have experience with using Proscend T-180 VDSL2 SFP module with TPG service? I tried to configure with unifi UDR, but it seems DSL connection is established, but no authentication is happening on Unifi router. Any advice?

Using VLAN 2 and PPPOE with my username authentication.

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @Grizliam

We'd like to check if there's a missing piece for the device to authenticate to the server.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

SamSamych
Level 3

I'm having a similar issue with Mikrotik hAP ac. The Proscend's green LED lights up, but rx counters are zero and nothing works (obviously). PPPoE client over VLAN 2 is configured. The same PPPoE client configuration works just fine over the provided TP-LINK router configured as a bridge (which I want to get rid of).

Shane

Hi @SamSamych ,

Can you send us the screenshot of the current internet setup of the modem/router? We will see if we can do something about this or understand what could affect the device not to Authenticate.

Regards,

I'm having a similar issue with Mikrotik hAP ac. The Proscend's green LED lights up, but rx counters are zero and nothing works (obviously). PPPoE client over VLAN 2 is configured. The same PPPoE client configuration works just fine over the provided TP-LINK router configured as a bridge (which I want to get rid of).

SamSamych
Level 3

Some details removed for privacy:

/interface/ethernet print detail
Flags: X - disabled, R - running; S - slave
0 name="VDSL" default-name="sfp1" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=6C:3B:6B:<cut> orig-mac-address=6C:3B:6B:<cut> arp=disabled arp-timeout=auto loop-protect=default loop-protect-status=off
loop-protect-send-interval=5s loop-protect-disable-time=5m auto-negotiation=no advertise=1000M-full full-duplex=yes tx-flow-control=off rx-flow-control=off speed=1Gbps bandwidth=unlimited/unlimited
sfp-rate-select=high sfp-shutdown-temperature=95C

/int vlan/print detail
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 name="TPG-VLAN" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1596 mac-address=6C:3B:6B:<cut> arp=disabled arp-timeout=auto loop-protect=default loop-protect-status=off loop-protect-send-interval=5s loop-protect-disable-time=5m
vlan-id=2 interface=VDSL use-service-tag=no

/interface/pppoe-client/print detail
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid; R - running
0  name="TPG" max-mtu=auto max-mru=auto mrru=disabled interface=TPG-VLAN user="<removed>" password="noPassword" profile=default keepalive-timeout=10 service-name="" ac-name=""
add-default-route=yes default-route-distance=10 dial-on-demand=no use-peer-dns=no allow=pap,chap,mschap1,mschap2

As I said previously this pppoe-client works just fine over a bridged TP-LINK. Unfortunately there is no way to monitor the DSL sync rate or even state from the router side, the Proscend sfp always reports link up, but there is a green LED, which indicates that the DSL link is established.

Packet captures on the router reveal the expected dot1q-tagged PADI frames being sent to the sfp interface, but no response of any kind.

SamSamych
Level 3

I was able to extract the physical layer data from the SFP, and apparently it syncs at ADSL/ADSL2 rates.

Perhaps forcing VDSL2 on the TPG side would help?

SamSamych
Level 3

Unfortunately TPG support simply refused to do anything on the grounds that the service works fine with the provided TP-LINK modem Smiley Sad

SamSamych
Level 3

The problem was solved by an experimental firmware update from the SFP vendor.