TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN provider - what need to know before using tpg service

Terri
Level 2
(1) charge 7 days before cycling bills. For example, if your cycle bill starts on the 7th monthly. Payment will be taken on the 1st monthly ( this is sh***).
(2) if internet drops by any reason for 2 weeks then 2 weeks, you still have to pay their monthly payment.
(3) staff is rude
(4) no contract or contract is expired but if you want to cancel the service, send them an email 30 days for Cancel notification ( their rule)... Smiley Happy ... 😂 ... then wait ... and wait.... they will not let you go easy as you join them. It s waste your money and time and patience
(5) Always waste of time with their customer service and complain... so if you are experiencing any issue, it s better to change to other NBN provider.
3 REPLIES 3
Rica_R

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us Terri. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your internet service.

TPG is a pre-paid service and as part of our billing system’s automation, we charge 7 days before the next billing cycle. Therefore, if your service is interrupted during a cycle, you have paid in advance. If you experience an outage we will assess whether you are eligible for a credit as a result of any inconvenience suffered.

We'd like to take a closer look at your account to check the cause(s) of these drop outs and see what can be done to improve your connection performance. Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username.

avt85
Level 4

i dont quite agree with (3) staff is rude.

I find the support staff do try their best but the problem stems with the commitment of the staff to see the solution end to end but rather get the minimum required work done during their shift.

for example, i have spoken with 3 different support over the last week since they sent me a modem during sign up when I specifically said I dont need one.
So they charged me the $10 shipping and trying to get this credited back despite sending the modem back has proven to be difficult. And chances are I will likely give up getting this credit back as the time I have spent over the phone explaining the issue despite the reference against my account, is just not worth the effort.

ie. escalation and commitment to your solutio is the hardest thing to get with tpg specially if the problem does not have a "black and white" solution.

drbob
Level 6

I have been with TPG for a very long time(first joined when dial-up was the way to get internet) and I have not had your experience with them. When I had issues, TPG responded promptly and resolved them to my complete satisfaction. I suppose that TPG, being a big company, has a large staff and unfortunately, not all staff are "created equal" - as the saying goes, "your mileage may vary" ... Hopefully TPG has processes in place to replace customer-unfriendly staff with ones that "look after" the customer.