TPG Community

Get online support

TPG email addresses are moving to The Messaging Company???

bradh1
Level 2

As a customer of 15 years, I'm also incredibly upset about this decision to remove emails from TPG with barely any warning, and will not be giving the company any more of my business.

But most of all, I'm incredibly concerned about my Aliases - which are tied up in logins for just about every major service I use (myGov, streaming services, business platforms, etc.). If I lose them, I genuinely don't know what I'd do.

Does anyone know anything about the Aliases situation? It's not like TPG lets you email them to ask, and I can't find a chat window or anything.

chrisj211073
Level 2

Yeah,

I just learnt of this last night. This is very weird thing for an ISP to be doing.

I do still use email for lots of critical stuff. Including those things you use it for.

This is probably just a Money grab. If I fond out it is, I will be moving ISP's after 13 years.

bforce
Level 3

@TPG how are you going on the tpoic of "Transfer of TPG Email Alias to The Messaging Company" - as the silence is deafening on both the TPG Community Forum and Private Messaging fronts. Keep in mind you are asking your customers to be transferred over the The Messaging Company by 11th September 2023, so times a ticking!

bforce
Level 3

If anyone finds out any information on the email aliase situation - can they post it up for everyone. Thanks

I think TPG, if they wanted to get rid of their email service, should have transferred everyones email etc over to the new company, then let people opt out, than the way it currently is. Then all email addresses and aliases would have been transferred over. Obviously there are privacy concerns etc around doing so, but the current debacle... I can see TPG loosing many customers over this, especially the deadline is ticking away with no solution (on email aliases) given.

Noel1969
Level 2

Not good enough TPG, we will be leaving after 20 years.

Ascidian99
Level 4

5 weeks ago I moved our hosted web server and associated email address (an alias off my TPG email / broadband account) to another provider.

Now any email sent from a TPG  mail address to the associated email address bounces back with address unknown.  In other words TPG has not done a proper job in removing old internal links. (even the TPG DNS points to the new location so whatever the problem is it's within TPG mail handling)

Indications of grief to come.

(emails from anywhere else in the world to the email address in the new location work fine - it's just TPG that's a problem)

Looking4Answers
Level 3

ANSWER ON EMAIL ALIASES

I have a direct email from TPG saying:

"

Unfortunately, aliases won't be transferred or migrated to the messaging company.

"

note that my forum messages are being removed by a moderator, so please share this!

gow5000
Level 2
I rang Support yesterday and they told me all aliases will be treated as proper email addresses on The Messaging Company (TMC). So basically I was told you have to transfer the main email as well as all its aliases, one by one. Once all are transferred to TMC, the aliases will be separate email addresses not attached to the main email. If this is true, imagine what the yearly cost will be in September 2024 having multiple emails to pay for. At this point, I have no idea what is really happening. In my opinion, TPG has gone from a rating of 10 to a rating of zero. Another important thing mentioned on their website: "TPG may withdraw the right for you to use your current email address when you cease acquiring services from TPG or one of our affiliates" (mentioned under Terms and Conditions at https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-messaging-company)
Clohessy
Level 2

Time to sell TPG stock b4 they drop... .

Clohessy
Level 2

Set up a Gmail address and spend the free time until September  2024 weaning yourself  off @TPG.com.au

THEN find a new provider for other services

That's  my plan