TPG Community

Get online support

TPG email addresses moved to The Messaging Company now second thoughts!!!

SOLVED Go to solution
xr64me
Level 3

To whom it may concern,

What if you have already transfered your email addresses over via the link on TPG website via https://register.themessagingco.com.au/tpg. And now you are having second thoughts, can this be reversed just would like to know what the options are. Many thanks 

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @xr64me . After Nov 2023, TPG email (and iiNet, Internode, and affiliates) will be run by  TMC. Nothing changes until end of Nov 2023.

There will be nothing to go back to.

Your only option is to switch to some other provider: a free one like gmail, hotmail; a commercial email provider; or switch to ISP that includes email.

Your TPG email address can't be transferred away from TMC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @xr64me . After Nov 2023, TPG email (and iiNet, Internode, and affiliates) will be run by  TMC. Nothing changes until end of Nov 2023.

There will be nothing to go back to.

Your only option is to switch to some other provider: a free one like gmail, hotmail; a commercial email provider; or switch to ISP that includes email.

Your TPG email address can't be transferred away from TMC.

GRS
Level 2
Level 2

I understand the requirements to continue using my TPG email account.

What I would like to know , will I recieve a discount from TPG to cover

my costs in using The Messaging Company after September 2024

Umack
Level 4

Nope.

TPG Management will be offering such a superior user experience that customers will be happy to pay the same price and pay TMC extra.

Can they guarantee a more reliable NBN service, or perhaps bump customers up one speed step, or provide better routers with wireless broadband failsafe. I doubt they've thought that far so I guess we'll see,

Of course people who don't use TPG email don't have a problem, the rest will look at the cost of the TPG/TMC bundle, and go elsewhere. 

That's going to be an absolute pain for me, and I'll be cursing TPG every time I have to log on to somewhere to change my email details. When it's done, I'll be looking for another RSV. 

Sorry guys, I know it's not your fault and you're probably as appalled as I am.