TPG Community

Get online support

Telecommunications Reform Package - Minimum NBN Speeds

lukebuono97
Level 2

Greetings,

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me in terms of making a case for myself (and likely others) in regards to the newishly proposed minimum SIP provided speeds (https://www.communications.gov.au/what-we-do/internet/telecommunication-reform-package). What are some considerations I must make when recording speeds and are there any alternatives (TPG speed log?) to build a stronger case to the NBN.

- PC connected to modem/router through ethernet whilst being the only device connected.

- Wi-fi turned off. 

- Managed/disable third-party applications on PC using network.

- Speedtest multiple Australian servers with varying file sizes (50,100,200megabytes). 

- ?? Profit

Script run through nodeJS, records every 10 minutes, until a sufficient timeframe is captured. 

Why? Unfortunately never have experienced speeds over 15megabits/sec off-peak. Premises won't receive any line upgrades for the long foreseeable future despite still using dial-up-rated copper cable. Would also like to build a resource for others in small country towns.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @lukebuono97 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

For FTTB and FTTN customers, we will inform you of your maximum line sync speed once available. If you are on a higher speed NBN plan, you have the option to downgrade to a lower speed plan without any penalties.

Please post a screenshot of the speedtest result preferrably using desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable also send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,