TPG Community

Get online support

Terrible Customer Service, Poor Technical Diagnosis - 25 Complaints (Part 3 of 3)

azzurribikes
Level 2

Complaint 1)   promised 24-48 hours static ip setup, waited for 7 days, still not setup

- 10 Jun 2021, I requested a 24-48 hours static ip setup

- 12 June 2021, I called again to follow up the issue

- now it's 17/Jun 2021, the static ip is still NOT setup yet

Complaint 2)   Wrong Transfer to Wrong Department up to 5 times, huge time wasted

16/Jun/2021

- I called the small business technical support line, I identified myself to an agent, my name, address, purpose of call, the phone was ended, no agents call me back

- I called again, I identified myself to an agent again, my name, address, purpose of call, the phone was transferred to a sales team

- I called again, I identified myself to an agent again, my name, address, purpose of call, the phone was transferred to a residential technical support team, not a small business support team

- I called again, I identified myself to an agent again, my name, address, purpose of call, am agent refer me to another agent, I need to identify myself again

Complaint 3)    No one delivered any promises with a reasonable timeline

- When you request a timeline to the resolution of a problem 

- The standard answer is "we don't know the timeline"

Complaint 4)  I am the authorized person to the account,

- which has already been identified on 10/Jun/2021, formally recorded in the account with my name, email, phone number

- yet, some agents require me to verify an SMS PIN from the account owner

- some don't

- some just require the address and my number

- some don't

- some request the account holder's name and DOB

- some don't

- it's very confused the way TPG handling the very same step

Complaint 5)   Technical support agent call ended randomly

- I had to repeat the whole process again and again

- it happened 2 times while I was placed on hold

- it happened 2 times while I was speaking to an agent

- My phoneline is 100% healthy, and never had any issue to any 3rd party in the past.

Complaint 6)  Technical support agent with terrible noise at background,

- animal barking, ** CROWS, machinery noise, 

- online forum says it's TPG staffs working from home in Filipino villages, I think that¡¯s 99% true 

- My phoneline is 100% healthy, and never had any issue to anyone in the past.

Complaint 7)   Technical support team on 12/June/2021, didn't escalate the static Ip issue,

- I had to call again on 16/June, wasted me 4 days.

Complaint 8)   Team leader Ann said the issue will be fixed generally on the same day (16/Jun/2021), 

- she sent me an SMS saying she will keep me updated on 16/Jun/2021

- but no update after the SMS

- I had to called the TPG call centre manually again on 17/June/2021

Complaint 9)   The resolution process is completely NOT up to standard

- who is the case manager

- who will deal with the technical side

- who will call me or message me

- when will it be done

- Absolutely NO customer service level whatsoever

Complaint 10)  The note the agent written after each phone call is not fully accurate,

- every time I had to correct certain details, or repeat certain details

- I had to request a read out of what they write down every time to verify the details being correct.

Complaint 11)  There is no case manager for a single case, everytime I had to

-  no direct email number, only the general

- no phone number

- repeat the same story,

- speak to different agent,

- correct the same wrong telephone records

- request the same escalation

- follow up on the same delay

Complaint 12) 

- There is no case number until i requested from supervisor Ann

Complaint 13)

- someone called me on Sunday 20/Jun. says he is a technician from TPG

- he said he got an order to call me, but he said he didnt know what the problem was and asked me to explain to him from scratch

- I said I have explained 10 times to various persons and departments, check your notes before contacting me

- it's hard to understand why someone doesn't know what he is doing before calling the customer

Complaints 14)

I received an SMS saying nbn requests to send a technician to our property, asking

- yes,

- no,

- help

I clicked help,

there is no one following up from there since

Complaint 15)

The static IP was activated some time mysteriously between 20-21/ June, but NO ONE informed us about the activation

We had to try every couple of hours before can identify it ourselves More than 20 times restart have been attempted  from 13 – 21 /June Every time a restart of modem requires total shutdown of the whole company’s Internet That causes huge inconvenience to the business and huge loss of productivity

Complaint 16)

The TPG senior technical person keep telling misleading information

22/June, I questioned the TPG senior technical person why he didn’t check whether the static ip address has been activated before sending out an nbn technician. The TPG senior technical person said the WAN ip address, was not discoverable, because it was a private information to the customer, I said it is ridiculous excuse, it’s absolutely misleading. 22/June, The TPG senior technical person cannot tell exactly what date and what time the static ip was activated, but on 23/June, The TPG senior technical person said the static ip was activated on 20/Jun according to their record The long conversation on 22/Jun + 23/Jun had wasted me more than 2 hours.

Complaint 17)

The TPG senior technical person provides poor and below standard diagnostic solution

20/June, The TPG senior technical person sent out a nbn technician to come, because he said the line was dropping out 22/June, the nbn technician came, I had to take half a day off for his visit, the nbn technician also said the static IP issue is TPG’s internal issue, and has nothing to do with nbn cabling 22/June, I questioned the TPG senior technical person why the dropping out has to do with static ip allocation,

line drop out should not be confused with static ip allocation, it is a simple common sense to any one with IT knowledge,  The TPG senior technical person said it is their standard procedure

The TPG senior technical person should have checked whether the static ip WAS activated BEFORE sending out an NBN technician The TPG senior technical person should be able to tell what time, what date, the static ip was activated, yet all these critical information was nil according to our long conversation. The long conversation on 22/Jun + 23/Jun had wasted me more than 2 hours. My half day off work could have been avoided.

Complaint 18), TPG is refering my case as Unusual case, no one answers this question after a number of email requests

- Where on your terms and conditions says this is an unusual case?

- Who classify this as unusual case?

- Where on your terms and conditions says you are free to walk away without any monetary compensation for your poor service 

- TPG is a public listed company, and licensed telecom carrier that must obey high customer service  laws and standards, how can you justify your poor service with such stingy compensation

Complaint 19) Internal investigation, no one answers this question after a number of email requests

- when will it be completed?

- who will do it?

- how do you make sure it is not biased? 

- what compensation do we get?

- what kind of improvement will do make?

- All complaints are FACTS with strong proofs, you cannot walk away with it no matter how many investigations you do.

Complaint 20)  "system issue and we don't have any control since it is systematic.",

- no one answers this question after a number of email requests

- Do you think this is the biggest excuse ever?

- do you need to get this clarified from the public and ACCC? 

- I think this is completed dodgy and excuse.

Complaint 21) TPG telephone transfer problems have never improved since 2007,

- according to my own experience and community forums,

Complaint 22) "TPG authentication process is each and everytime different",

- from each and every call centre agent

- i repeat, everyone is using different standard to verify a customer

- Privacy laws are not being followed at a same standard

Complaint 23) "TPG promises never come with a timeline and any timeline never got its promised result",

- this is clearly a poor internal management

Complaint 24) "TPG agent's note taking is clearly distorted or information missing"

- this can be further clarified by comparing the verbal conversation and written notes

- again poor training and customer skills

Complaint 25) TPG's customer relationship manager Henry Paule only admits it’s responsibility for its technical inability, but not willing to compensate for its poor customer service

- didn't address to complaint points

- using old plan usage data as excuses

- no sense of apologizing

- no sense of improving

- no sense of admitting responsibilities

- repeating exactly the same tone and contents without carefully addressing to complaint points

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @azzurribikes,

We chased this with the Assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this case for additional reference on the on going investigation, updates will be provided when it becomes available via SMS or Email.

Regards,