TPG Community

Get online support

Terrible speeds - who do i complain to??

mcewan100
Level 2

I just recieved a mesage from TPG:

The maximum speeds you can actually receive are 15.81Mbps download and 5.11Mbps upload.

Your premises are connected to the internet using NBN's fibre-to-the-node technology.

This means that your NBN connection is made of two parts: (1) optic fibre to a nearby box, and (2) copper wire from the box to your premises.

The maximum speed that can be delivered to your premises is affected by several factors, including the length and quality of the copper wire going into your premises, electrical interference, and the cabling in your premises.

How can I get this changed?

Who do I complain to?

This is disgusting.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @mcewan100,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. If you are on a higher speed NBN plan, you have the option to downgrade to a lower speed plan without any penalties.

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I just recieved a mesage from TPG:

The maximum speeds you can actually receive are 15.81Mbps download and 5.11Mbps upload.

Your premises are connected to the internet using NBN's fibre-to-the-node technology.

This means that your NBN connection is made of two parts: (1) optic fibre to a nearby box, and (2) copper wire from the box to your premises.

The maximum speed that can be delivered to your premises is affected by several factors, including the length and quality of the copper wire going into your premises, electrical interference, and the cabling in your premises.

How can I get this changed?

Who do I complain to?

This is disgusting.