TPG Community

Get online support

Testing a connections actual capacity

jpgibard
Level 3

There's bit of talk about ISP's no longer offering 100Mbps services because they are unsure if they can deliver those rates.  I was wondering if there was some way we could have our connection's maximun data rate capacity measured so we could have some confidence if we decide to change our plan to a higher data rate.  I'm on 11Mbps on a HFC connection at this time and I'm curious to know how high it can go.  I understand that normally data rates are subject to a number of variables, but the actual capacity of the cables and modems is the baseline that I'm seeking to establish.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @jpgibard,

Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable. For FTTB and FTTN customers, we will inform you of your maximum line sync speed once available. If you are on a higher speed NBN plan, you have the option to downgrade to a lower speed plan without any penalties

You may wanna visit this article about the speed of our NBN service.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,