TPG Community

Get online support

Trying to get internet connection with AC1200 router

mffoolee
Level 2
This is a new house. NBN connection enabled. Instructions say router is pre configured. Just plug in. I can find the wifi link on my laptop but after entering password, can’t get connection. I connected the cable from the Internet port at the back of the modem into the wall that says NET. Is that correct? Note that the ‘globe’ light on the modem hasn’t turned on after 30 minutes.
6 REPLIES 6
Ken-C

Hi there mffoolee,

What type of NBN service are you using? Guessing maybe FTTP?

kind thanks

mffoolee
Level 2
Yes, it is FTTP. The first 4 lights on the modem including the globe are lit up. When we try to connect to wifi, a message that the newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured. The message has persisted for more than 30 minutes so we rebooted the router and have waited for 10 minutes already but the message persists.
RajenS

Hi mffoolee

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service

mffoolee
Level 2
How do I PM you? Are you a TPG support engineer?
Vka
Level 2
Level 2
Hi I have been having the same problem for 5 days and have no been able to get any assistance. Could someone please help.
mffoolee
Level 2
What should be the correct NBN and modem light status?
My NBN box lights are solid green for power, solid green for optical and orange for UNI-D1. I think this means my nbn is ok. So now it’s the modem? Modem supposed to have come from factory pre-configured. It’s brand new.