TPG Community

Get online support

Ultrafast - only getting 75 Mbps (4075 HFC)

SOLVED Go to solution
davey6693
Level 2

Hi, was wondering if there have been any issues with Ultrafast over HFC in the Corinda QLD area (4075). I get good ping times and stable speed, just nowhere near where it was on the download side. Was getting 850+ about a week or so ago, now about 75.

Done the usual, several reboots of the router and NBN Ariss box reset 3 times, all tests over Cat6 ethernet from router to PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
davey6693
Level 2

Hi guys,

I've asked for this ticket to be closed.

After going through several of the router settings I found that a "parental controls" option was switched on. There were no actual controls assigned, and not sure how it got enabled, but simply having this on was capping downloads at 80Mbps. Not sure it should do that, but once switched off all is back to normal. You might benefit from adding to your checklists for the Archer vr1600v units as it was a pretty weird one Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @davey6693

For any connection issues, we recommend the first thing to do is to check if the service is affected by an outage/maintenance - How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If your service is not affected by an outage/maintenance, best to contact our Tech support hotline to be able to run real-time tests or reach out to us here for further assistance. 

Here's an article you can check out regarding speed issue: Slow speed issue

I've ran a remote test and detected that your modem is connected for almost 2 days now.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Shane

Hey, davey6693.

Just checking should you require further assistance, if so please update this thread or send us a PM.

Cheers!

Hi, was wondering if there have been any issues with Ultrafast over HFC in the Corinda QLD area (4075). I get good ping times and stable speed, just nowhere near where it was on the download side. Was getting 850+ about a week or so ago, now about 75.

Done the usual, several reboots of the router and NBN Ariss box reset 3 times, all tests over Cat6 ethernet from router to PC.

davey6693
Level 2

Thanks Shane for following up. I gave this a few extra days and restarts of the equpment with no improvement so I'll send you a PM.

Shane

Thanks for the confirmation, we arranged our Technical Team to contact you tomorrow for further test and investigation, please ensure the availability of your mobile and let us know how it will go. Cheers!

Thanks Shane for following up. I gave this a few extra days and restarts of the equpment with no improvement so I'll send you a PM.

davey6693
Level 2

Hi guys,

I've asked for this ticket to be closed.

After going through several of the router settings I found that a "parental controls" option was switched on. There were no actual controls assigned, and not sure how it got enabled, but simply having this on was capping downloads at 80Mbps. Not sure it should do that, but once switched off all is back to normal. You might benefit from adding to your checklists for the Archer vr1600v units as it was a pretty weird one Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Dave