TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to connect to internet

nitinsharma1979
Level 2
Hi! I have recently installed the NBN TPG broadband at my home. However, whenever I try to connect to the internet I get following message: “Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured.”
I have also re-booted the modem 4-5 times (as advised) but still facing the same issue.
8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @nitinsharma1979,

Welcome to the community! I was able to locate your account using your community details and seen that your NBN-HFC service has been activated today.

We did an article that will guide you on how to setup your NBN service available here.

NBN HFC Setup - General Setup

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

JongR

Hi @nitinsharma1979

Did the NBN technician confirm before leaving your house that the NBN service is already active or were you told to give the NBN connection box (the black Arris modem with the NBN badge) some time to establish a connection?

Looking at the NBN connection box, are all the four lights (Power/Downstream/Upstream/Online) solid green?

At the back of the NBN connection box, is there a light on the UNI-D1 port where you connected your TPG router? The light could be green or yellow.

If you answered yes to all of the above, please turn off your TPG router for 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Leave it alone for 30 to 40 minutes, then try browsing the web after that time.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
nitinsharma1979
Level 2
Thanks Shane for the help.. however, the issue remains the same.
nitinsharma1979
Level 2
Hi JongR!
Thanks for your inputs. Yes all the lights are green. The NBN executive also confirmed the activation of the connection. I will surely try the steps as advised by you Smiley Happy
heristanu
Level 2

Hi Shane, I have the same problem since yesterday, I can't connect to the internet it is said "your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to automatically configured" I have been waiting for more than 30 minutes, what should  do?

Shane

Hi @heristanu,

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your community details. Based on the latest log on your account that the installation has been completed yesterday.

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried turning on and off the modem/router for 3-5mins?

If so, we'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians. Feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Shane

Hi @heristanu,

Please do perform a factory reset on the modem/router. Push the pin hole at the back of the modem for 3-5 seconds and wait for the modem's light to flash and release it.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Rica_R

Hi @heristanu

We've seen that our Technical Team has been in touch and discussed your connection concern. We've seen that your connection is already and running.

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. Thank you