TPG Community

Get online support

Unplugged internet now cannot connect

SOLVED Go to solution
alisonbre90
Level 2
Hi there we were cleaning and unplugged our NBN modem about 2 hrs ago and now when we have tried to reconnect it, it wont work. We have checked cables, checked plugs, moved it, reset button and gone online and to do all the trouble shooting. Any other thoughts? I get 3 flashing lights on the nbn box with one occasionally going red
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ken-C

Hi  alisonbre90 ,

Thats great news!

there is a B cable (phone cable) that comes with the modem and NBN NCD just be sure you use that also as it may appear normal but its quite different from a normal phone cable and must be used always..

but glad you sorted it 

kimd regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ken-C

Hi alisonbre90 ,

Do you know what type of NBN technology you have?

alisonbre90
Level 2

Yes, I have an NBN FTTC connect using an AC1600 tp-link router and the NBN box.

alisonbre90
Level 2

I have attached a photo of the errors that appear and have appeared for the last 3-4 hours/

Ken-C

Ok alisonbre90,

Sounds like it may just simply be the way the cables have been refitted , i would recommend 

you take a look at this helpful link i found

A short video guide on how to set up your NBN FTTC service. Visit https://link.tpg.com.au/hgzDYj 

it may just be the the particular port the ethernet cable is plugged ionto in the modem..

give it a go Smiley Happy

kind regards

alisonbre90
Level 2

Hi Ken, thankyou for that. We did go through that video this morning (it was sent to me via text frm TPG when we set it up a few weeks ago) and I have just gone through those steps again sadly to no avail. Any other possible troubleshoots you know of?

Ken-C

Hey alisonbre90,

Well lets see, 

Is the WAN light present on your Tplink modem and if possible take a pic of the back of your modem?

i know you have already checked this once already but a very simple mistake can be made easily by putting in the yellow ethernet cable into the wrong yellow LAN ports ..

it is not colour coded so just make sure that the yellow ethernet cable goes into the BLUE WAN port on the modem..and not into the yellow ports as the yellow cable may subconsciously suggest..?.

kind regards

alisonbre90
Level 2

No worries. Front and back modem photos attached.

alisonbre90
Level 2

Ken thankyou so so much for your help. We have found the issue. The phone cable that goes into the wall must be damaged. We found an old one to test and it is now working again.

Ken-C

Hi  alisonbre90 ,

Thats great news!

there is a B cable (phone cable) that comes with the modem and NBN NCD just be sure you use that also as it may appear normal but its quite different from a normal phone cable and must be used always..

but glad you sorted it 

kimd regards