TPG Community

Get online support

Unreliable speed and frequent dropouts

csedgwick
Level 2

Hi, 

I've been having (in the last few weeks), pretty regular connection dropouts and fluctuating (often) poor speeds. The connection was fine before this, and nothing about the local network has changed as far as I know. Would we able to troubleshoot this and check the line quality? Account name is ****.

Thanks,

Chris

[Post Edited for security reasons]

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @csedgwick,

Welcome to the Community! 

I've edited your original post due to security purposes.

Just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line. 

We need to consider the factors that could possible cause drop outs. This issue is commonly caused by faulty hardware or phoneline like modem, filter, phone socket, internal cabling or poor copperwire quality.

To eliminate possible issues on your end, please do the following:

• Check cables if properly connected
  • Try different phone cable (preferably 3m long or less)
  • Try different wall socket
  • Do an isolation test (Connect modem directly to phone outlet using less than 3m phone cable, no filter, double adaptor, disconnect all phones and phone devices eg: back to base alarm, foxtell, pabx, commander, EFTPOS terminals)

I've also have made adjustment on your connection to improve the stability of your connection. 

Should the issue persists, please let send us a private message with your best contact time and number so that I can arrange a call from one of our technicians to assist you further. 

For your reference, please view this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community. 

Cheers!

Erika

Hi @csedgwick

We'd like to check this case that you've raised previously. 

I've ran remote test and can see that the stability of your connection has improved. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.