TPG Community

Get online support

Unstable ping to gaming servers and unstable connection

SOLVED Go to solution
kirajj2012
Level 2

Hi
For some reason, we are facing unstable ping (from 50 to 350) while playing online games and there is no other device connected to the wifi as well. Also, the internet connection sometimes automatically disappear and lose signal.   

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kirajj2012
Level 2

Hi. In the past few days (from Sunday till today), there are no issues at all. Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @kirajj2012,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help and see what causes latency and dropouts on your service. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account and we got a match.

We ran an initial test on your service it shows connected for 8h 40m with a passing speed on the line. We'd like to confirm on which specific online game(s) do you experience latency issue and on what device(s) do you experience the dropouts.

Regards,

kirajj2012
Level 2

I played league of legends with mac book air and apex hero with a ps4. With the first one, I faced ping issues and the second one it's about the internet connection, the router internet light was turned off for a few minutes.  

legcat
Level 4

Hi @kirajj2012 

Where do you normally game?

Is this far from your modem?

can you do a ping on your modem's IP and show us the picture?

if you don't know how:

1. open network utility
  2. go to ping tab
  3. type the ip address of your modem
  4. send 32 pings
Shane

I played league of legends with mac book air and apex hero with a ps4. With the first one, I faced ping issues and the second one it's about the internet connection, the router internet light was turned off for a few minutes.  

Hi @kirajj2012,

Which of the modem/router's light did turn off? I just tested your service again and it shows connected for 1d 11h 41m no dropouts occurred.

Please confirm what server/region of League of legends are you're playing with ?

I assume both MacBook and PS4 is connected via Wireless Connection when you play. If so, we did an article that will help you improve your wireless connection available here.

Let me know how it will go. Regards,

kirajj2012
Level 2

Hi. In the past few days (from Sunday till today), there are no issues at all. Thank you