Unwanted e-mails

SOLVED Go to solution
rsnowbal
Level 2

I am receiving too many unwanted emails. It takes time to add the email sender's name to the 'Blocked email addresses' box under 'Mail Filter Settings'.  Is there a quick way of doing this? Thanks. Richard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsnowbal
Level 2

Thanks Basil,

That should help.

Problem is many 'senders' have an almost infinite number of variations of their names.

Will let you know how the advanced filter works.

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Good day @rsnowbal.

Welcome to TPG Community!

'Mail Filter Settings' is the only way to block the unwanted emails.

Have you tried using the 'Advanced Filters' which you may set conditions to block the said emails?

Regards,

rsnowbal
Level 2

Thanks Basil,

That should help.

Problem is many 'senders' have an almost infinite number of variations of their names.

Will let you know how the advanced filter works.

Regards

Shane

Hi @rsnowbal,

Let us know if should you require further assistance with your e-mail.

Have a lovely day! Smiley Happy

rsnowbal
Level 2

Hi Shane.

I have had some success filtering out unwanted emails using Blocked Email Addresses and Advanced Filter.  Some unwanted emails keep coming despite the 'From' name being added to the Blocked Email Addresses box or a part of the 'From' name being added to the Advanced Filter box.  How can this be explained?  Other unwanted emails keep coming but with a variation to the 'From'.  For example, I managed to filter out any emails containg 'bitcoin', but now I am receiving emails from b.i.t.coin etc.  They seem to be mutating. 

So, the problem has been reduced somewhat, but does continue to make work for me.  Any further suggestions?

I would like to set the 'Junk Mail Filtering' to 'High', however, I do receive some emails with Bccd which I need.

Regards

Richard

Shane

Hi @rsnowbal,

I suggest to manually filter the email address or use the option Address Filter:  Use the Address Filters to create rules that will either block or allow messages to be delivered, no matter what content is within the message. 

Let me know how it will go.

Regards,

doreen
Level 2

how do I block unwanted e mails?

BasilDV

Hi @doreen,

Welcome to TPG Community!

You may refer to the previous discussion on how to filter emails on this link.

Use the 'Advanced Filters' on the bottom part of the page to create rules that cannot be created with the Address Filters.
These give a finer control on the way a message can be matched, and can be set to expire on a certain day if desired.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV