TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600V firmware upgrade

fionagal
Level 2

My VR1600V is dropping out on average once a minute (LAN4 Link down, LAN4 Link Up 100mbs) for approximately 4 seconds. Would a firmware upgrade fix this and if so how do I organise this? Incidently this is the second time that I have typed this as last time when I went to post the router dropped out!

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @fionagal . How long has this been happening?

Are you a recent convert to NBN from ADSL?

LAN4 means something happening between your computer and router.

Is your computer a desktop or laptop?

If laptop, the ethernet driver may have a property Energy Efficient Ethernet. It needs to be disabled. 

What firmware does your router have? Just login to router admin, shown on bottom of screen.

Any changes to the lights on VR1600? Do WAN and Internet lights stay on?

fionagal
Level 2
Thanks for the response. We have had this router and package for a couple of years. The firmware version is 0.1.0.0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n. The issue appears to have been going for a couple of months. None of our computers are hooked into the LAN only a smart TV and house alarm (LAN1). I will check Energy settings although this TV has been on the LAN for two years also. Internet and WAN lights seem to stay on.
Shane

Hi @fionagal,

The firmware update will only improve the network security of the modem/router. Let us help identify the cause of the connection dropouts and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

My VR1600V is dropping out on average once a minute (LAN4 Link down, LAN4 Link Up 100mbs) for approximately 4 seconds. Would a firmware upgrade fix this and if so how do I organise this? Incidently this is the second time that I have typed this as last time when I went to post the router dropped out!