TPG Community

Get online support

WIFI connection with old computer

SOLVED Go to solution
John8
Level 2

I currently have broadband with TPG. My computer is about 13-14 years old and running Windows Vista. Would I be able to connect to the Internet with the WIFI connection package offered by TPG. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rica_R

Hi @John8,

Yes,  you may still use your Windows Vista computer to get connected to wifi. If this is a desktop computer, you'll need a usb wifi adapter if you can't run a cable. 

All wireless adapters should work as long as it can detect the Wi-Fi connection that the modem is broadcasting. You can look into the reviews of the brand and model that you are looking to purchase. Customers' experience on the product should help you decide on what to buy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rica_R

Hi @John8,

Yes,  you may still use your Windows Vista computer to get connected to wifi. If this is a desktop computer, you'll need a usb wifi adapter if you can't run a cable. 

All wireless adapters should work as long as it can detect the Wi-Fi connection that the modem is broadcasting. You can look into the reviews of the brand and model that you are looking to purchase. Customers' experience on the product should help you decide on what to buy.