WPS error 7501

JayJay71
Level 2

Hello

As I bought a Tp Link range extender MU MIMO AC2600, I am trying to enable the WPS on my tp link Router.

When I select Enable in the advanced settings, a error 7501 message saying invalid wireless settings apperars.

How can I solve this please ??

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @JayJay71

Welcome to the Community!

What is the make and model of your TP-Link router? Have you tried to enable the WPS using the button on the router itself?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

JayJay71
Level 2
Hello
Yes I did try the button.
My router is the vr1600

Thanks for your help
Angeli

Hi @JayJay71

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you require further assistance. 

Best regards, 

Angeli

JayJay71
Level 2
Hello Angelo,
My problem hasn’t been resolved at all.
I just answered Basil’s question.

Thanks
Angeli

Hi @JayJay71

My sincerest apologies about my recent response. We recommend that you check this community article about How to Enable WPS on TP-Link VR1600v at https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-Enable-WPS-on-TP-Link-VR1600v/m-p/26199#M2...

Regards, 

Angeli

JayJay71
Level 2
I did read that article before and it doesn’t help me.
After following the procedure I still have that Error message 7501.

Angeli

Hi @JayJay71

Did you plug in the WIFI extender near the modem? Have you tried to set it up via tether app or web browser? 

Regards, 

Angeli

JayJay71
Level 2
Hello Angeli,

Yes I have tried different locations in the house (all of them within the range of the wifi), I can’t setup via app or web as I can’t connect the extender to the router..
Angeli

Hi @JayJay71

We'll be arranging a callback with our Technical Team to further assist you on this matter. Can you private message to us your TPG account details, preferred callback number and time, please?

Best regards,

Angeli