TPG Community

Get online support

WebEx video doesn't work on TPG FTTC 50/20

aelix
Level 2

Hi all

I'm on FTTC 50/20 with an Asus RT-AC68U router. Working from home I'm using a range of videoconferencing services: MS Teams, Zoom, Cisco Jabber and WebEx. All of those services work perfectly except for WebEx.

When I connect to a WebEx meeting, I can hear and talk to other participants but I can't see their video and they can't see mine. WebEx gives me an error about low bandwidth, but I have 20Mbps upload and as noted every other videoconferencing service works fine. Speedtest.net shows 48Mbps down and 18Mbps up at all times.

I lodged a ticket with WebEx and they ran a series of tests which suggested no connectivity or bandwidth problems. I also tried manually setting MTU to 1472 instead of the default setting based on someone else's solution to a similar problem on Whirlpool - this didn't help. Having been unable to solve the problem, WebEx asked me to raise a ticket with my ISP.

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution? Also is there a way for me to raise a ticket with TPG without calling them? I don't have time to sit on hold and talk to someone during my workday.

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @aelix 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @aelix 

I have  checked your NBN-FTTC 50/20 service on our portals and all tests are passing.

I think your troubleshooting has answered your own question. The fact a whole range of other video platforms work as normal, but the single webx program does not, all but means it is a local issue. Possibly a setting is not right somewhere on your local computer. It is unlikely to be anything to do with the physical NBN network.

Perhaps a local community member can help or you will need to follow up with the program maker.

Regards,

David_M

haydeng
Level 2

Hey mate,

I wrestled with this for months. It causes problems with my Teams on Windows, and Webex on Android tablets. I finally found the answer after installing new router firmware and all sorts of attempted fixes. Simply disable NAT acceleration on the router, per these instructions, and BINGO! Good luck.

https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009993054-Setup-Guide-ASUS-RT-AC87U-Disable-NAT-Acce...