TPG Community

Get online support

Why is my upload so slow at 0.1-0.2 Mbs?

darelmcbride
Level 2

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @darelmcbride.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

We've created an article that may guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue.

We've also created some articles that will help improve your home WiFi network.

Let me know how it goes.

BasilDV

darelmcbride
Level 2

I was trying to test large file uploads for a new email service I've signed up to and it was incredibly slow. I tried my current service which is normally OK but was also incredibly slow. I used the TPG speedtest to check the speed and download was OK but upload was usually only 0.1 mbs. I hotspotted to my phone and this was quicker!

Rica_R

Hi @darelmcbride

It appears that the lower speed result could be due to either WIFI-related issue or bandwidth sharing. To better narrow down the issue, can you try the following:

If possible, please connect a computer or laptop via ethernet cable to the modem to determine if this is indeed WIFI issue only.

If all devices are WIFI-capable only, can you test both WIFI bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz) for comparison? Your modem provides 2 WIFI names wherein the 5GHz has _5G in the end.

If both bands still produce the same results, please disconnect all devices except for one that you'll use for testing. This is to check for bandwidth sharing. If the speed has improved, it means that one of the other devices that were disconnected is utilizing high bandwidth in the background.

Let me know how it goes.