Wifi issues

Shutterbug_1982
Level 2
I live in an apartment block all under the one TPG account (15 units).
I am able to connect to the wifi most of the time (sometimes my iPhone 7 will state the password is incorrect) , but once connected it is incredibly slow and times out whatever page/app I’m on. I’ve attached the speed test for using 4G vs the apartment wifi. Can I have some assistance with what may be wrong? Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Shutterbug_1982 Welcome to the community!

Firstly both your speedtests are using Optus mobile data as indicated in the screenshots, this also shows how inconsistent mobile data can be, your IP address would also be different in both tests if you were actually routed to a TPG server.

You need to turn WiFi Assist off on your iPhone, go to Settings>Mobile>WiFi Assist, it's at the bottom of the page not to be confused with WiFi Calling.

Try another speedtest then, what model TPG router are you using? Have you tried a reboot on it?

Shutterbug_1982
Level 2
Hi there,

I have attached screen tests again.
The wifi I am using is through TPG.

Do you mean it’s an Optus issue?
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Shutterbug_1982 I was just saying that your first speedtests didn't show your connection to TPG, are you able do do another couple of speed tests with a wired Ethernet connection to the router, which model router are you using?

Shane

Hi @Shutterbug_1982,

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Hi @Shutterbug_1982 I was just saying that your first speedtests didn't show your connection to TPG, are you able do do another couple of speed tests with a wired Ethernet connection to the router, which model router are you using?

We did an article that you may find helpful, this article will help you on how to improve your wireless connection available below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!