TPG Community

Get online support

Windows 10 - Loss of WiFi

SOLVED Go to solution
antsie84
Level 2
I recently bought a new Acer All-In-One deaktop and a Unisurf notebook - both of which run on Windows 10. I'm connected to the NBN through TPG and am using the router they supplied with installation (Netcomm NF7).
Both of these devices recognise the wifi networks of my neighbours, but my network doesn't even come up as an option to connect to. I've run all of the troubleshooting I can, and have searched through innumerable message boards. As my Samsung mobile, iPad, and laptop from work (Windows 7) can all connect fine, it leads me to believe it may be a compatability issue between Windows 10 and my router.
I was just wondering if anyone's had similar issues, or if you have any advice.
I've had the Netcomm router for about a year and a half and really don't want to replace it yet - if I don't have to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC

Hi @antsie84,

We are not aware of any compatibility issues between the two. Try to manually add the wireless network. 

To manually configure a wireless network with Windows 10, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows Logo + X from the Start screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
  2. Open the Network and Internet.
  3. Open the Network and Sharing Center.
  4. Click the Set up a new connection or network.
  5. Select Manually connect to a wireless network from the list and click Next.
  6. Enter the network name and select the appropriate settings according to your network requirements. Then click Next to add the network profile. If you need to make a change, you can easily do so in the last step.
  7. Click Close when you are finished.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KarenC

Hi @antsie84,

We are not aware of any compatibility issues between the two. Try to manually add the wireless network. 

To manually configure a wireless network with Windows 10, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows Logo + X from the Start screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
  2. Open the Network and Internet.
  3. Open the Network and Sharing Center.
  4. Click the Set up a new connection or network.
  5. Select Manually connect to a wireless network from the list and click Next.
  6. Enter the network name and select the appropriate settings according to your network requirements. Then click Next to add the network profile. If you need to make a change, you can easily do so in the last step.
  7. Click Close when you are finished.