TPG Community

Get online support

Woeful daytime speeds

Amsterdan
Level 2

Hi All,

I am on a 200mbit connection but over the past two weeks have been getting absolutely horrible speeds closer to 5mbit through the day. The connection seems relly unstable, some times I will have great speeds but an hour later I will be in a zoom call and bam it just drops out leaving me stuttering through my meetings.

This rarely happened before but seems to be extremely common. I am on NBN with an HFC connection, though I do live at the bottom of a cul de sac which means someone up the road could be causing the grief I guiess.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Amsterdan
Level 2

Hi,

I am looking to see if there is a firmware update available. Over the past two weeks the internet at my house has been horrible. I am the only one home but even with a 200mbit connection I am getting average daytime speeds of 5mbit, making work really difficult.

I have had my current modem since 2019 and am sure there must be an update that may perhaps help. Currently sitting on 

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Cheers

Daniel

Riezl

Hi @Amsterdan , we have also received your PM. We'll request for a firmware upgrade. We have advised you through PM to run a speed test.

We will wait for the screenshot of the speed test result. Thank you.