TPG Community

Get online support

Work VPN keep dropping

erbaljitsingh
Level 2

Hi Team,

I am on NBN broadband 50. No issue while using internet. But as soon as I start connecting to my work VPN. It keep drooping connection. And I need to re connect many times in a day. After as soon as I start reconnect, I am start getting error message. 

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @erbaljitsingh .

What error message do you get?

When you have dropout, any change to the lights on NBN box and router?

When you have dropout, is it just the VPN connection that drops, or the internet as well?

Do you know the name of the VPN program?

erbaljitsingh
Level 2

What error message do you get?

--error message attached.

When you have dropout, any change to the lights on NBN box and router?

--no Change with lights. Same all.

When you have dropout, is it just the VPN connection that drops, or the internet as well?

--Only VPN connection drops

Do you know the name of the VPN program?

It is my office VPN

david64
Level 15

@erbaljitsingh . Has the work vpn ever worked on NBN or is it something new you are trying?

When you start the vpn program on your device, does it make a connection or fail straight away?

Since the internet stays active, you could ask the technical team at work if there is something to be done at their end, or something you can do to diagnose the problem.

erbaljitsingh
Level 2

Hi,

Yes I use all the times, but after half an hour or hour, it get disconneted. Checked with work, but no issue, I have wireless modem from TPG, no issue with that. Only discconect when use NBN modem. I think it is more likly some setting for modem.

david64
Level 15

@erbaljitsingh . What type of NBN connection do you have? (What type of NBN box?)

What are the models of the two modems, the TPG one that has no problem, and the other one that has the dropouts?

Are you using ethernet computer or wifi device for work?

erbaljitsingh
Level 2

NBN modem is --N300 WIFI Gigabit Router NF12  (Drop out issue)

Wireless Modem is TP Link AXS400 HYBRID WIFI 6 

Modem Router with VOIP.  (No Issue)

And I am using wireless connection to both connections. 

david64
Level 15

@erbaljitsingh . The vpn does work on NF12 so it's unlikely to be a setting. It does have a QoS setting related to traffic priority. You need to get the user manual from Netcomm site.

It might depend on some characteristic of each router.

Do you use the same band (2.4G or 5G) on each router?

When you make the wifi connection to the router, what wifi connection speed do you get on each one? (A property in the wifi connection.)

Run the speed test on TPG support page using each router. Does the down and up test proceed smoothly? How do the speeds compare?