error 0x800ccc92

Lucy
Level 3

This morning 4.30 a.m. I opened my MS Outlook 2007.  No emails came in.   I got a popup to confirm my email address and password.    No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the pop up and I can't receive emails.

I get a notice that tells me 

task "....@tpg.com.au" Receiving reported error Ox800CCC92 - Your email Server rejected your login. Verify your user name and passord in your account properties under tools, click e-mail accounds.  The server responsed : Err failed : Login failed?

I have verified till the cows come home and nothing has changed. 

What is wrong!

4 REPLIES 4
Lucy
Level 3

Hi,  It might be a little stupid to reply to my own question - I do hope I don't Hi-Jack someone's thoughts on this subject.

This annoying popup I kept getting...continually asking me to confirm my  User Name and Password - email not coming in, email not going out. and always, that confounded popup!!!!

I finally got rid of it:   I opened Outlook 2007 enterprise (what I use).

I clicked on New Message.  Just under the SEND TAB there is a tab. ACCOUNTS  with a down arrow:

New Message - change account.JPG

Click on it and if you have two, put the tick in the second one - It may take two or three tries until your PC gets the message not to revert to its previous habit.  Send yourself an email with you NEW tick in place, and the Pop Up disappears.

So, if you have added an account or changed your account in some way.  The popup is working with the original, not the newer account version.

Hope this helps someone - I don't have NBN yet -  but I think this could apply to anyone with MS  Office Outlook  that gets this annoying popup.

Lucy

Ahra_G

Hi Lucy

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. There was an email outage yesterday which has affected multiple customers. This has been fixed by now and your email should be up and running. 

Should you still continue to experience issues with the email, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thank you. 

Lucy
Level 3

Thank you for your reply - Indeed there was a time there where my Modem was red lights.  My popup and error problem started the day before.   Then, as you say, the outage.  When I woke this morning, the Popup was still there...and as outlined previously, that  was the way I fixed it.

I didn't know about the outage at the time, which added to my frustration.

I am 77 years old - but given patience - I figured out the problem.  On top of that, there was a Windows 10 update - a big one - and that gave me a different problem.  I won't elaborate on Windows Updates, but...I could do without them!

Thank you for your reply

Happy Christmas

Lucy

Ahra_G

I absolutely understand the predicament when it comes to any Windows update. 

We're just a message away should any assistance arise, Lucy.

Enjoy the holidays! Smiley Happy