TPG Community

Get online support

ping suddenly much higher when playing games

liverpool115
Level 2

In the past my ping for the games I play was very consistent at around 20-30 ping now in the past couple weeks it has suddenly shot up for everything and is consistently sitting at around 80-100 ping.

Download/upload is completley fine just ping, nothing on my end that I know of has changed and following basic troubleshooting for this type of issue has made no difference. I'm at the point where its looking like an ISP issue, hoping to get some answers about this.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @liverpool115,

Let us help check what causing latency issues with the your games. Could you post a screenshot of the latency on this thread for reference together with the speed test result.

Shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM?

Regards,

In the past my ping for the games I play was very consistent at around 20-30 ping now in the past couple weeks it has suddenly shot up for everything and is consistently sitting at around 80-100 ping.

Download/upload is completley fine just ping, nothing on my end that I know of has changed and following basic troubleshooting for this type of issue has made no difference. I'm at the point where its looking like an ISP issue, hoping to get some answers about this.

liverpool115
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I ran a speed test via tpg which is attached.

As you can see everything seems okay when running a speed test. The issue only seems to arise when in use.

I was unable to get a screenshot but I checked for a game and it was currently sitting stable at about 80 ping, the servers for most of these games are located in Sydney. I have never had this issue before, in the past it has always been sitting around 20-30 most of the time.

david64
Level 15

Hi @liverpool115 . Do you know the host name or ip address of the slow game server?

Do a  ping  and  tracert  comand to the game server.  It will show any network delays.