TPG Community

Get online support

pubg mobile high ping issue due to TPG server location

kbunny
Level 2

I am having a issue while playing mobile (android mobile) due to high ping like 240+ ms (using wi-fi) but when I use express VPN connect to melbourne server I used to get  bewteen 76 - 96ms but right now I am getting between 108 - 128ms constantly don't know why. I use vodafone 3G to play and I get 128ms (fluctuating sometimes).  I have read other forms they are talking about PUBG PC game instead i'm talking about pubg mobile.

When I play with my friends who live in asian countries my ping drops to 76 - 96ms (using vpn). I strongly believe that I'm being matched to different asian server located some where near australia.

My friend he uses iinet broadband service without connecting to express vpn I am getting 128ms. I don't undeerstand at all. Please have a look at the issue and let me know. 

Can TPG techincal members please have a look and let me know what is reason behind the high ping.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @kbunny,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. Latency issue on Wireless connection could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, distance of your device from the modem/router. Also, devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds and may experience fluctuation of latency connection than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We'd like to confirm if the latency issue also occur on other online game(s) using your smart phone. If so, we did an article that you may find helpful this will guide you on how to improve your wireless connection at home. See links below.

Please post a screen shot of the actual latency in game for additional reference. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records on file. To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file)

Cheers!

kbunny
Level 2
Hi @Shane, I did restart router and tried to do troubleshoot router as well it didn't work for me. In the first image I was connected to wifi and ping was 200+ms. After that I connected to VPN Melbourne server my ping was 96ms sometimes it will be less if I Play with friends from Asia. Please give me an update regarding this issue. Thanks
Shane

Hi @kbunny,

Thanks for the additional details. We noticed on your provided screen shot that the in-game latency issue low while the device is getting a full wireless signal. Please confirm how far is the distance of the device to the modem/router while playing/connected.

As mentioned above the device's distance while connected to the modem/router will affect the stability/latency of the applications/game being used. Please PM me your account details to better understand the situation. How do I private message (PM) in the community

We'd like to confirm if the latency issue only occurs on this particular Mobile Game. If not, feel free to provide additional details. Please run a Tracert/Ping test to the game and post the test result on this thread for testing purposes.

Cheers!

kbunny
Level 2

Hi @Shane , I understand that distance between that router and device is an issue but I'm just 20 feet away from router still latency is high. Issue is not about distance abou the latency it's something else i don't know what it is. 

When I connect to vpn melbourne server my ip is 45.56.158.35 which I traced in my laptop and later is singapore server. When I play with asian friends I want to check to which server I am connected to but I can't do it in my mobile.

Shane

Hi @kbunny,

Thanks for the information. Please PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can run an initial test to the connection.

Cheers!

leotantan
Level 2
Hi, Kbunny. Can I ask what is vpn you are using? I got the same issue of high ping. thanks
kbunny
Level 2

Hey @leotantan  how are you?. I am using express vpn android app to connect to melbourne server to reduce my ping for pubg mobile.

Saroya
Level 2
Hi mate do you know which VPN server should have better ping for PUBG Mobile Europe server. Thanks