TPG Community

Get online support

sagemcom fast 5866t wifi issue

crs
Level 3
Level 3

hi guys,

got my new 5G service going yesteday . I have wifi connected most of my devices but I can not connect a Surface Pro 2014 model ...have tried a lot of things but no success. Pls assist.

thx

18 REPLIES 18
Shane

Hi @crs,

Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far? Also what is the supported Wi-Fi network of the Surface Pro? Is this the only device unable to connect to the Wi-FI?

Regards,

hi guys,

got my new 5G service going yesteday . I have wifi connected most of my devices but I can not connect a Surface Pro 2014 model ...have tried a lot of things but no success. Pls assist.

thx

crs
Level 3
Level 3

hi

i have tried every step at the surface end( enable, disable device, advance options, driver up to date  etc); i have read on a MS blog the WPA2/WPA3 may not be supported on this model?...

regardless, at the 5886 end i have disabled all security in both bands and still no wifi connectivity...as a test,  i have added a range extender and it works with surface...not that the signal stenght was an issue...

it's a bizzare one 

thank you

crs
Level 3
Level 3

the network adapter is a marvell avastar wireless AC

Shane

Hi @crs,

We do not have a referencec about the compatibility of the Surface Pro. What we can do is a arrange one of our Technicians to check if there will be a work around for the the device to connect with our supplied modem. If you wish to speak with them, shoot us a PM with your details together with your details.

Regards,

hi

i have tried every step at the surface end( enable, disable device, advance options, driver up to date  etc); i have read on a MS blog the WPA2/WPA3 may not be supported on this model?...

regardless, at the 5886 end i have disabled all security in both bands and still no wifi connectivity...as a test,  i have added a range extender and it works with surface...not that the signal stenght was an issue...

it's a bizzare one

thank you

crs
Level 3
Level 3

thank you Shane,

what's a PM?

Shane

Hi @crs,

Please see the link below on how to send a Private Message.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

thank you Shane,

what's a PM?

crs
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Shane...I do not seam to find "send a message" under your profile

Shane

Hi @crs,

Please re-login your community credentials and try to check the 'Send Message' button again.

Regards,

Hi Shane...I do not seam to find "send a message" under your profile

crs
Level 3
Level 3

hi Shane,

Another issue...the management interface of the router is different now than when I first turned  it on  a few days ago; the wifi configuration page is missing!...

can not change passwords , channels etc!