TPG Community

Get online support

tp-link archer vr1600v Network Printer

heich
Level 3

I have just had my faulty Huawei HG695 modem replaced with a TP-LINK Archer VR1600v V2 modem and have just realized that the USB port doesn't support Printing. The Huawei HG695 does or did support USB printing which is something that is still a requirement for a lot of us users. My HG695 worked flawlessly with my printer for the time it was working so why doesn't the Archer support it, it's the same as it doesn't have backup and restore.

The more I look into this Archer modem the more I am realizing that TPG is just finding ways to cut corners at the expense of it's customers. Shame on you TPG, you used to be a top Internet provider but it looks like your competitiors are going to outlive you in the internet game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from the HG695 manual

Huawei HG695 Sharing a USB Printer
HG659 supports USB printers. After you connect a USB printer to your HG659 through the USB port,
you can access the printer from the Internet or internal network.
1. Connect the USB cable of the printer to the USB port on the HG659.
2. Add a Network Printer.
On Windows 7
1. Choose start > Devices and Printers.
2. Choose Add aprinter.
3. Choose Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
4. Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
5. Choose Select a shared printer by name and enter the printer address http://
192.168.1.1:XXX/printers/Printer Name in the text box. Click Next.
6. Select the model of the printer you want or click Have Disk to manually install the printer
drive.
7. Click OK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @heich,

The faulty modem was replace with TP-LINK Archer VR1600v since we no longer provide Huawei modem. We are sorry if the equipment we supplied to you is not to your complete satisfaction. Please understand that we provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle, you always have the option to use a 3rd party modem/router however the VoIP feature will only work using our supplied modem. 

If this is the case, then our after sales support team can provide you with the settings required to configure your 3rd party modem with the settings required to access the internet.

Regards,

I have just had my faulty Huawei HG695 modem replaced with a TP-LINK Archer VR1600v V2 modem and have just realized that the USB port doesn't support Printing. The Huawei HG695 does or did support USB printing which is something that is still a requirement for a lot of us users. My HG695 worked flawlessly with my printer for the time it was working so why doesn't the Archer support it, it's the same as it doesn't have backup and restore.

The more I look into this Archer modem the more I am realizing that TPG is just finding ways to cut corners at the expense of it's customers. Shame on you TPG, you used to be a top Internet provider but it looks like your competitiors are going to outlive you in the internet game.

This is from the HG695 manual

Huawei HG695 Sharing a USB Printer
HG659 supports USB printers. After you connect a USB printer to your HG659 through the USB port,
you can access the printer from the Internet or internal network.
1. Connect the USB cable of the printer to the USB port on the HG659.
2. Add a Network Printer.
On Windows 7
1. Choose start > Devices and Printers.
2. Choose Add aprinter.
3. Choose Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
4. Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
5. Choose Select a shared printer by name and enter the printer address http://
192.168.1.1:XXX/printers/Printer Name in the text box. Click Next.
6. Select the model of the printer you want or click Have Disk to manually install the printer
drive.
7. Click OK.

Regards