TPG Community

Get online support

very slow upload on nbn11

Mary
Level 2

Hi folks, I realise nbn11 is deeply pathetic plan, but it is adequate for me until I've been trying to upload to cloud. doing speed tests the last few days.  If I'm lucky, upload speed 0.2.  Its laughable that tpg thinks it can offer this and keep its reputation.  I've read the tips sheet you offer.  going to look for ethernet cable.  Computer is near modem, no other users.  Anybody found any suggestions that help?  thanks Mary  Can't print what I think about tpg saying 4mps download ok on nbn11 plan.That's less than 50% performance of agreed plan.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Mary,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The NBN12 plan is configured on the  nbn12 wholesale plan tier with 1Mbps upload. It has a typical evening speed of 11.1Mbps download and ideal for:

>1-3 users

>Making phone calls (VoIP)

>Email, social media and web browsing

>Standard Definition (SD) streaming

Typical Evening Download Speed is measured between 7pm and 11pm. The actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Cloud sharing programs can consume a lot of upload speed and if this is your case, we recommend that you consider upgrading your plan to the next speed tier. The NBN50 is configured on the nbn50 wholesale plan tier with 20Mbps upload and it has a typical evening speed of 43.7Mbps download.

Should you have further queries, please let us know.