TPG Community

Get online support

3rd party router nbn-hfc & bundle plan

preacher
Level 2

Hey TPG, 

Do you still have the limitation of having to use TPG provided router for voice?   THe provided Archerv2 drops WLAN all the time (LAN is fine and WLAN via another AP other side of the house is reliable, so its just the Archer WLAN, adn even 1-2m away). 

Would like to repalce it with something like UnifFi but would like to retain bundled voice.   Are you providing config settings and / or have a better modem/router avialable instaed of Archer. 

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @preacher,

The VoIP will only work using our supplied modem as the main authenticating device. The Wi-Fi signal issue could be caused by Wireless Interference, we created an article on how to improve the Wi-Fi connection at home.

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

You also have the option to use a 3rd party router as an extension by doing this you can still keep the VoIP service using our supplied modem.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Hey TPG, 

Do you still have the limitation of having to use TPG provided router for voice?   THe provided Archerv2 drops WLAN all the time (LAN is fine and WLAN via another AP other side of the house is reliable, so its just the Archer WLAN, adn even 1-2m away). 

Would like to repalce it with something like UnifFi but would like to retain bundled voice.   Are you providing config settings and / or have a better modem/router avialable instaed of Archer. 

preacher
Level 2

We responded to your initial post located here. The VoIP will only work using our supplied modem as the main authenticating device. You also have the option to use a 3rd party router as an extension by doing this you can still keep the VoIP service using our supplied modem
preacher
Level 2

Moved to Google NEST and all working very well (bar the bundle phone thought), although also found out, given I am a telstra mobile customer, they support voice out using my mobile phone service (via the google hubs in the house!) .. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner .. will miss an inbound DDI that isn't my mobile but hey !! 

I may also try out a VoIP provider like TelTel or Australia Phone Company .. .looks like cheap plans and you just buy an ATA ... maybe that is something TPG should look into ? 

Shane

I'm glad to know that the Google Nest works fine with the connection. We appreciate your feedback, and maybe in the future TPG can also offer a standalone VoIP service.

Moved to Google NEST and all working very well (bar the bundle phone thought), although also found out, given I am a telstra mobile customer, they support voice out using my mobile phone service (via the google hubs in the house!) .. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner .. will miss an inbound DDI that isn't my mobile but hey !! 

I may also try out a VoIP provider like TelTel or Australia Phone Company .. .looks like cheap plans and you just buy an ATA ... maybe that is something TPG should look into ?