TPG Community

Get online support

Can I use my Optus F@st 5366 Modem

taniadunlop
Level 2

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked! I have searched and can see it has been asked with other modem models! I just want to point out before I start that I am not at all technical so need any assistance in really easy steps Smiley Happy

I am moving into a property on Friday and in the interest of not going too long wihtout internet I signed up to TPG today and I have already received texts about plugging in my modem. I did receive a brand new F@st 5366 modem from Optus a few months ago that I haven't even opened yet and I was wondering if I could use this for my new TPG connection? If it is possible, I take it that it isnt just a plug and go situation? Is someone easily able to explain step by step what I will need to do?

If it isn't possible I would also appreciate any suggestions on what modem I need to buy that will just work with little effort - my kids will be eternally gratefull to have internet ASAP!

Thanks for any help you can give Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @taniadunlop . If you want to use the TPG VOIP phone service, you have to use the TPG-supplied router, unless you have a FTTP connection. Did you elect to not receive a TPG router?

If you don't want the phone service, you can use your own router. There is also a new BYO router plan (data only) which doesn't use VLAN ID in the setup.

Regarding the Optus router, you need to be able to login to the admin function. The admin userid, password and maybe the ip address of the router can be found on a label on the router. If you can't login, the router is not usable. You can check out your router ahead of time without needing it to be connected to the network.

Settings for TPG are: PPPoE, username with @tpg.com.au on end and password.If you are not on FTTP, you have to set VLAN ID=2. There's no manual for this router.

This Optus article has info on connecting the router for each NBN connection type. It also has info on logging in to the router admin.

https://www.optus.com.au/content/dam/optus/documents/for-you/broadband-internet/modems/Sagemcom_F%40...

taniadunlop
Level 2

Thanks David! I dont need anything phone related so I will try check out the other things you have said. At the end of the day, if we are without internet for a short time it's not the end of the world - I am just trying to minimise that time as best I can Smiley Happy

david64
Level 15

@taniadunlop . You should get the agent to check that the people moving out don't take the NBN box with them. These devices stay with the house.