TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint - still no home phone connection after 5 months

SOLVED Go to solution
adslpg6s
Level 2

Hi TPG,

My username is adslpg6s. I am posting a complaint here because I have run out of options. I have been a loyal TPG customer since 2001, and this time I am truely disappointed.

I switched to your NBN bundle (with home phone) about 5 months ago, from your ADSL2+ service. The NBN was connected efficiently, however, my existing home phone was never ported over from Telstra. As a result, I have been unable to use my phone number (been using it for over 20 years) for 5 months.

During this time, I have contacted TPG at least 3 times. Everytime I was promised that it'd be fixed and ported over, and everytime I received no feedback. As of today, 25 May 2020, my phone number still not ported over.

My request/demand is simple, please port my old phone number over ASAP. Please find someone who can actually act on it to call me. Please do not get that colleague of yours from the Customer Retention team to contact me again, she does not have the access to fix my issue.

Thank you
Jason

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
johnp

Hi

I will look into this for you

John

View solution in original post

johnp

Hi

Can you please private message me your landline number?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
johnp

Hi

I will look into this for you

John

johnp

Hi

Can you please private message me your landline number?

adslpg6s
Level 2

Update - issue resolved

I would like to provide an update. My issue had been resolved within few days of this post. Thank you to forum moderator "Johnp" and the tech team who helped me resolve this.

Jason

Sgambers
Level 2
I have the same issue but not for 5 months how do I get the same moderator to fix my porting issue ??
Sgambers
Level 2
Hi johnp can you please help me I have the same issue with porting my number from dodo to tpg when ppl try calling my landline number it says invalid number.
Sgambers
Level 2
What’s the point of your update without the solution)?? How was the issue resolved????
Sgambers
Level 2
All I keep getting is the “let’s blame it on Covid19” 😡