TPG Community

Get online support

Configuring PHONE 1 on NBN FTTN

cmc2013
Level 2

Hi,

I have NBN and using a v1600v Modem Router, I have the DSL cable connected in via the DSL jack, I have full internet working, but when I connect my handset into PHONE1 or PHONE2 I get a dial tone but nothing when it calls out, I tried calling in to my landline from my mobile and says the number is not connected even though it is currently assigned to my account and nbn connection.

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/generalsetting.php

I tried configuring these settings in link above and still the Admin area of the modem router says this: "Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number.", Can someone help me get this working?

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @cmc2013 Is this is a new connection? It can take up to 5 days for your number to be ported accross from another operator.

If you're using only 1 number always plug into Phone 1 on the VR1600v, Phone 2 is to be used only if you have an additional different number.

cmc2013
Level 2

No, existing connection that I have used for a number of years. Was temporarily using a seperate modem/router and now switched back to the TPG Provided Modem/Router and need configuration settings to make my phone work via VDSL line.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @cmc2013 If the VR1600v was supplied by TPG as part of an NBN bundle it will have an autoconfiguration setting built in, all you need to do is reset it via the reset switch on the back and plug it in and wait for it to authenticate.

The Phone Voip settings unique to your account aren't available seperately.

cmc2013
Level 2

Aleady tried that and to no success.

orbistat
Level 8

@cmc2013 wrote:

Was temporarily using a seperate modem/router and now switched back to the TPG Provided Modem/Router

I'm assuming you originaly had Voip working on the supplied VR1600v?

The temporary modem wasn't able to be used for Voip but did work for internet?

How long since the VR1600v has been not used as your primary router?

cmc2013
Level 2

Hasn't been used for about 2-3 years. Internet worked perfect on the temporary modem.

cmc2013
Level 2

And the temporary modem is actually a better model then the supplied one.

orbistat
Level 8

@cmc2013 you'll likely need to have your account details looked at by a Mod in that case to see that the specific VR1600v modem is still registered to your account in the system.

cmc2013
Level 2

Ok then?