TPG Community

Get online support

Constant NBN Digital Voice Service line drop outs

philfeld68
Level 2

I am currently on the NBN 50 Plan (with a TPG supplied TP-Link Archer VR1600V Modem) and paying the extra money for the NBN Digital Voice Service.

The problem started a while ago that when either making a phone call, or answering a phone call the line will drop out and go dead after a random duration (eg. 10min, 20min, 30min, 45min etc)

There will also be static and breakup when trying to re-establish the call.

NBN Internet Connection is still acitve during these drop outs.

This happens on a daily basis and is becoming extremely frustrating for myself and family members.

Have tried all the TPG trouble shooting suggestions

Rebooting the Modem

Resetting the Modem to Factory Defaults

Checking and replacing all wires/cable and connections

Trying a different phone and handsets

Disabling Firewalls

Doing all of the above has not resolved the problem, and has made zero difference.

I would like to request a TPG engineer or anyone, to look into the problem to find a solution ... because i'm all out of ideas.

Please PM me so i can provide you with an personal details about my TPG Account.

Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @philfeld68 

Let us help understand what causing the VoIP dropouts. Could you shoot us a PM with your details? So we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I am currently on the NBN 50 Plan (with a TPG supplied TP-Link Archer VR1600V Modem) and paying the extra money for the NBN Digital Voice Service.

The problem started a while ago that when either making a phone call, or answering a phone call the line will drop out and go dead after a random duration (eg. 10min, 20min, 30min, 45min etc)

There will also be static and breakup when trying to re-establish the call.

NBN Internet Connection is still acitve during these drop outs.

This happens on a daily basis and is becoming extremely frustrating for myself and family members.

Have tried all the TPG trouble shooting suggestions

Rebooting the Modem

Resetting the Modem to Factory Defaults

Checking and replacing all wires/cable and connections

Trying a different phone and handsets

Disabling Firewalls

Doing all of the above has not resolved the problem, and has made zero difference.

I would like to request a TPG engineer or anyone, to look into the problem to find a solution ... because i'm all out of ideas.

Please PM me so i can provide you with an personal details about my TPG Account.

Thankyou.

philfeld68
Level 2

Thankyou for your prompt reply Shane

Personal Details sent via PM