Email settings

LanceH
Level 2

Hi All,

Just wondering what are the email settings now that TPG no longer host this?  I use Mozilla Thunderbird and I have worked out how to receive mail but I cant send it.  I get the following error.

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server mail.tpg.com.au was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again or contact your network administrator.

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @LanceH 

Check the settings here: https://support.tpg.com.au/email-settings 

Make sure that your Email client is updated with TLS 1.2 or 1.3 version.

Please note: 

From 7 November 2022 onwards we will no longer support TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 for email. TLS 1.0 and 1.1 have been around for a long time and have become outdated. The security of TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 is significantly higher compared to the older versions making sending and receiving emails more secure.

If you are using an older mail client or operating system on your device and if you experience any issues with sending or receiving emails, you might be affected by the discontinuation of TLS 1.0 and 1.1.

The best way to solve the issue would be by updating your mail client (Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc) and operating system. We recommend checking for any updates for your mail client that support TLS 1.2 or higher (ideally upgrade to the latest version). In general, it is recommended to check for updates regularly to ensure that everything works smoothly and that security options are up to date.

IMPORTANT: We no longer provide email services as part of the TPG broadband service.

BasilDV