TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone Stopped working

wilmar
Level 2

I do have NBN, and in my online account settings for NBN Digital Voice.

Services that the phone status is showing it is active, I have a dial tone but can't dial out, no calls are able to come in, however the internet is working fine.

In an attempt to get it to work I have turned the modem off and on, unplugged it and re-plugged
it in (both on the modem end and the phone end), and this fixes it for a short time but every 2 days I have to do this.  Is there something that can be done to fix the problem?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @wilmar ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran an initial test to the service it shows no particular fault that could cause the VoIP to act like this. I will arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation. Please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@wilmar wrote:

I do have NBN, and in my online account settings for NBN Digital Voice.

Services that the phone status is showing it is active, I have a dial tone but can't dial out, no calls are able to come in, however the internet is working fine.

In an attempt to get it to work I have turned the modem off and on, unplugged it and re-plugged
it in (both on the modem end and the phone end), and this fixes it for a short time but every 2 days I have to do this.  Is there something that can be done to fix the problem?

Many thanks